- GMP Grade enzyme suitable for ex-vivo use in isolating cells for a variety of applications
- Manufactured for superior lot-to-lot enzyme consistency for reliable performance
- Low contaminating endotoxin levels (<50 EU/mg)
- Lot specific Certificate of Analysis provided with complete QC analysis results
(Cat. # 002-3000)
GMP Grade Animal Origin Free (AOF) Thermolysin is an aseptically dispensed, lyophilized purified protease from Bacillus thermoproteolyticus. This 6 mg pack size is a thermostable neutral protease that can be used with purified collagenase for isolating rodent islets, cynomolgus monkey¹, and human pancreata.
- White lyophilized cake under vacuum in amber bottle sealed with butyl rubber stopper
- Contains >2.3 Million Neutral Protease (NP) units.
- Unopened product stable for at least 2 years when stored between -15 to – 25°C; internal studies indicate the reconstituted enzyme is stable at the same temperatures for at least 1 year, as long as no other protease enzyme has been added to the solution.
- Product is shipped on dry ice to provide the most stable conditions during shipment.
AF Thermolysin is purified from B. thermoproteolyticus animal origin free culture supernatants and purified by re-crystallization and column chromatography. After assessing enzyme potency, the AF is sterile filtered and aseptically dispensed into depyrogenated vials and lyophilized. When dry, the AF Thermolysin vials are sealed under vacuum. Representative samples from the batch are reconstituted and quality control tested. Results are compared to established specifications before release into inventory.
The working concentration of purified thermolysin is determined by the total enzyme activity contained in the product. Typically, this is expressed as the total neutral protease units as measured by using a FITC-BSA substrate. Several reports have shown the importance of using an optimal amount of neutral protease in an islet isolation procedure.
Find the Pack Insert, Safety Data Sheet, Specifications, and Certificate of Animal Origin in the Product Documentation page.
Note: To obtain Certificates of Analysis for our products, please contact VitaCyte. Have your product lot number readily available to help us expedite your request.