- Manufactured for superior lot-to-lot enzyme consistency for improved performance consistency
- Optimal enzyme activity (28-42 Wünsch Units) and neutral protease activity (220,000 – 340,000 NP units) per vial to dissociate approximately 100 grams of human adipose tissue.
- Low contaminating endotoxin levels (<25 EU/OD)
(Cat. # 005-1090)
GMP Grade CIzyme AS is an aseptically filled, lyophilized mixture of 60% purified class I (C1) and 40% purified class II (C2) collagenase from Clostridium histolyticum pre-mixed with neutral protease from Bacillus polymyxa. CIzyme AS can be used for isolating adipose derived stromal cells from human lipoaspirate.1,2
- White lyophilized cake under vacuum in amber bottle sealed with butyl rubber stopper
- Stable for at least 2 years when stored at < + 4°C
- Lyophilized in a buffer containing calcium to ensure enzyme stability during initial reconstitution.
CIzyme AS collagenase is purified from culture supernatants of C. histolyticum that contain porcine gelatin and pancreatic enzymes derived from US and Canadian sources as the only animal derived material in the culture media. No animal derived products are used in the culture of B. polymyxa or in any step of the purification process for either enzyme.
Standard chromatography techniques are used to purify the collagenase. After assessing enzyme potency, the collagenase is aseptically dispensed into depyrogenated vials and lyophilized. When dry, the Collagenase AS vials are sealed under vacuum. A representative sample from the batch is reconstituted and analyzed by a variety of quality control tests. Results are compared to established specifications before release into inventory.
VitaCyte relies on several biochemical tools to characterize and ensure the consistency of components used to prepare CIzyme AS. The Collagenase activity is characterized using both the traditional Wünsch (Pz-peptide) substrate and a more recently developed fluorescent microplate collagen degrading activity (CDA) assays. The CDA relies on fluorecein isothiocyanate (FITC) labeled calf skin collagen fibrils as substrate. The B. polymyxa neutral protease activity is relies on a FITC labeled BSA substrate. Focus on manufacture of products with consistent collagenase and neutral protease activity enables users to focus on other issues to improve their islet isolation protocols.
Find the Pack Insert, Safety Data Sheet, Specifications, and Certificate of Animal Origin in the Product Documentation page.
Note: To obtain Certificates of Analysis for our products, please contact VitaCyte. Have your product lot number readily available to help us expedite your request.