- Product consistency limits need for lot testing
- Consistent FALGPA activity units per bottle, with a fixed amount of protease activity and increasing amounts of collagenase activity
- Rapid dissolution, no clogged filters, no need for pre-centrifugation
- Use only what you need or reconstitute the entire bottle
- Low clostripain contamination
- Lot specific Certificate of Analysis provided with complete QC analysis results
DE Collagenase Optimization Kit
(Cat. # 007-1050)
VitaCyte’s defined enriched (DE) collagenase products set a new standard of consistency and enables assessment of a broader range of collagenase:protease ratios for cell isolation than found with current collagenase products. Each DE product contains a fixed amount of protease activity and increasing amounts of collagenase activity, simplifying collagenase selection and minimizing the need for lot qualification.
Flexible and affordable, our optimization kit provides one 100 mg pack size from each of the five formulations comprising the full spectrum of DE Collagenase products. Apply each sample to the cells or organs you’re using to see which performs best — then rest secure in the knowledge that our DE Collagenase performs consistently across lots, so you’ll never have to lot test for your particular protocol again.
For recommendations regarding rodent hepatocyte applications, view recommended DE Collagenase products and doses.
- White lyophilized cake under vacuum in amber bottle sealed with butyl rubber stopper
- Stable for at least 2 years when stored at < + 4°C
- Lyophilized in a buffer containing calcium to ensure enzyme stability during initial reconstitution
DE Collagenase is an aseptically filled, lyophilized mixture of enriched Clostridium histolyticum collagenase and neutral protease from Bacillus polymyxa. Collagenase is purified from culture supernatants of C. histolyticum that contain porcine gelatin and pancreatic enzymes sterilized prior to bacterial fermentation. No animal derived products are used in the culture of B. polymyxa or in any step of the purification process for either enzyme. DE Collagenase contains a fixed amount of neutral protease activity (NP) units and variable amounts of enriched collagenase. DE Collagenase is prepared for research use only.
VitaCyte relies on several biochemical tools to characterize and ensure the consistency of components used to prepare DE Collagenase. The Collagenase activity is characterized using both the traditional Wünsch (Pz-peptide)1 substrate and a more recently developed fluorescent microplate collagen degrading activity (CDA) assays. The CDA relies on fluorecein isothiocyanate (FITC) labeled calf skin collagen fibrils as substrate2. The B. polymyxa neutral protease activity (NPA) is measured using a FITC labeled BSA substrate3.
Wünsch E and Heidrich H-G. (1963) Zur quantitativen bestimmung der kollagenase. Hoppe-Seyler’s Zeitschrift Physiologische Chemie 333, 149-151.
Please note: To obtain Certificates of Analysis for our products, please contact VitaCyte. Have your product lot number readily available to help us expedite your request.
Safety Data Sheet (All DE products)