Internship – Production/Quality Control/Development
The internship is open to individuals who are interested in pursuing a career in Biotech. This is a short term, temporary position that will enable candidates to gain hands-on experience in a biotech company that operates in a document-controlled environment.
- The appropriate candidate is presently working towards achieving an Associates’ or Bachelors’ degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, or Biology.
- Has completed a course in General Chemistry and is familiar with laboratory safety and making molar or percentage by volume solutions.
- Preparation of buffers for manufacturing.
- Preparation of media for fermentation.
- Performing focused, short term development projects that address defined business needs.
- Adherence to established policies and procedures, when performing defined tasks.
- Ensures proper operation of equipment by following standard operating procedures or manufacturer’s instructions.
- Desires to increase professional and technical knowledge by interacting with experienced staff.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by establishing and complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team goals by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Comfortable in working in a laboratory environment with the expectations that individual is familiar with lab safety, and general chemical knowledge.
- The individual will be trained to enter results in a document-controlled, quality management system.
- The candidate will be expected to have strong problem-solving skills while working in a team environment.
- Average physical strength is required.
As a temporary employee, benefits are limited to Employee Assistance Program and Workman’s Compensation Insurance.
Mandatory requirement for proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to employment.