Biochemist – Production/Quality Control
The job is primarily focused on production and quality testing of enzymes for the development of new cell based therapeutics and pharmaceuticals. VitaCyte is seeking applicants for a position in its production and quality departments.
- The appropriate candidate will have an Associates’ or Bachelors’ degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, or Biology.
- Academic or industrial laboratory experience is strongly preferred as is production experience in a document controlled environment.
- Prior experience in biotechnology protein purification is a plus.
- Executes protein purification, final product formulation processes and test procedures following established protocols in controlled documents.
- Adheres to established policies, procedures, acceptance criteria and conferring with management staff.
- Maintains organization’s stability and reputation by complying with government regulations and industry standards.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; qualifying new equipment and validating new procedures and processes.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by interacting with experienced staff.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by establishing and complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team goals by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Comfortable in working in a laboratory environment with the expectations that individual familiar with lab safety, general chemical knowledge, familiar with entering results in a document controlled quality management system.
- The position requires strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- The candidate will be expected to have strong problem-solving skills while working in a team environment.
- Average physical strength is required.
- Full time.
- Permanent position.
- Comprehensive benefit package.
- Employer matched 401K plan.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Mandatory requirement for proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to employment.